Sunday, January 18, 2009

2nd and 3rd Job

I've been here for 7 weeks. My schedules are pretty stable with Sunday and Monday off and work from noon time to evening everyday for 5 days a week in Hayesville.

For the week that had just past, I've got a "second job" working in McDonald's Hiawassee, which I will only work for 5-7 hours a week on Monday. Last Friday I received a call from Jennifer from Hiawassee after I came back from Hayesville, and thus I went to continue working in Hiawassee from 9pm to closing (about 1:30am). It was tiring, but I'm still young. I think I can cope with it and I want more $$ coming in. hehehe...

On the same day (Friday) morning, I took the courage to walk in the damn cold weather and went to the Huddle house and asked for a job as restaurant server. On the same day, when I was busy in mcDonald's drive through, I recieved a call and it was Jay, the Huddle House owner and I was so thrilled that I was hired and he asked me to go training on Sunday morning! So from now on, I'll be having 3 jobs, 2 in Mcdonalds and 1 in Huddle House.

Today was my first day training in the Huddle House, from 8am-2pm. I was pretty lost because taking order is not as easy as I think especially I have no idea on what's on the menu! However, I think I was doing pretty good and hopefully after study for the menu today I will work better. hehe. I have all together 3 days training in the morning with $7 per hour wage and from next Friday and Saturday onwards, I can start receiving my tips and I'll be working from 10pm- 6am because they open 24 hours. It's crazy, I know, but just that 2 nights, so I should be fine =)

I like both my name tags and this is how a server look like in the United States =p




1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey, after looking closely into ur work timetable...do u mean u hv to work non stop for both Fri & Sat every weeks? (day time McDonald then nite shift in Huddle hse)...only left with Sunday to rest?

Hmm...must catch enuf rest so that u could function well in ur work place..especially in McDonald since occasionally u would need to cook as well.

U really need to take good care of your body & health...especially living in overseas...its very awful when u fall sick.

 
Celeste@JiaJia. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino