These few days my mood swing greatly. Plus with the unfairness I've been through in McD, it made the situation worst. I was really unhappy about the unfairness. All the toughest and hardest work are given to "foreigners".
I've been cooking for 2 months, everyday, before I got trained at the window. They told me after I'm good at cooking then will put me to table (assembly) and window and slowly "progress". And now? The new people came in, firstly was the mexican brothers, Lino and Alvero, they took over my cooking place so that I can move on to assembly. But instead, I've been the "fries person" during rush hour and well, I know that's because I did a good job on that and I really dont mind as long as I'm not being keep at the same spot - cooking, all the while.
Then a black girl, Tonia came in. She's been trained cooking for 2-3 days, then I think they thought she's not very good at it and thus trained her at front counter. Since then, she's been doing the front counter and ofcourse, I'm still categorized under the grill crews. It then comes the girls from Thailand. I know it's necessary to train some of them at the window and some at the grill. But somehow I just feel very unfair. Why I can only stay at the table or window after 2 months cooking and they can just do it right away, without even knowing how to assemble the sandwiches? I still remember how hard I've been trying to memorise and help at the table when I'm a cooker, hoping that I can be "upgraded" to another level and trying to prove I can do good at any site ( but well, I think I'm still a cooker for now). Why they can skip the cooking part and just learn how to do the table and window (which is much much easier job)? It's just not fair!
Moreover, some people (the american), they came in just being train for front counter and drive through taking order, and thus, they know nothing about the grill, not even knowing how to cook the fried products (which is just simply put the meat in and press the corresponding timer). So everyday they've been doing the same thing over, over and over again. I dont like it. To me, a crew person working in a fast food restaurant should be trained at all the different position and their job should be rotated instead of letting the same person doing the same thing over and over again. Firstly it's VERY boring to do the same thing the whole time for 8 hours or sometimes more. Secondly, some tasks are very easy while some require VERY hardwork. Isn't it unfair?...
Oh well... I'm leaving in 1 week time, I'm tired of these. Tired of being treated unfairly. But what can I do? ONLY Tolerate! The worst thing is, they bringing the Thai girls to the waterfall this coming Sunday after they arrived like... what? not even 2 weeks. And me? where they've been brought me to? No where. This feeling isnt nice. Although they always been telling me, oh Celeste is good, we like Celeste, Celeste cant go home, stay with us forever and ever.... Bla bla bla...
So here comes the second issue: I cant trust their words. It's really disappointing to say so but I really do not dare to put much hope on what they told. I've been trying to look at the bright side everytime when disappointment comes. When I was depressed, I find nobody that I really trust and I can depend on to talk to. I can only find back my Malaysian friends and chat with them online. I guess I can fully understand how Zoe feels in China right now...
It's definitely a great experience for me to be here, alone. I've learnt the different things that happened outside my world. I've seen so many different people, some are ok, some are just too crazy, some are just too fake and so and so... And I'm still learning, learning along the way...
Friday, March 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
the good thing is that u open ur eyes right!!! u've learned alot of things and see alot of things other ppl dont get to see....=D
stay positive yar darling!! mwaxx
thank you ah moi =)
yea I'll be strong... and always stay positive. U know me ;)
Post a Comment