Today first time I called in sick for my second job, lol.... not really sick but felt a bit dizzy at mcD around 5pm, so I decided to call in and not going for work tonight. Moreover, the business was so dead that I dont think it's worth to go work for $2.5 per hour with only $10+ tips. Therefore, I ended up watching movie in the cinema with my brazil friends. hahahaha....
That's how I got this time to update my blog. =p Staying at home and chill is the best! =p
I've been here for almost 3 months. Time flies.
What I've learnt the most was: not to put too much trust on anybody. Whatever they said, true or not, sincere or not, it all depends. Seriously. It's just their culture to greet you nicely and sweet talk with you, whether or not it comes from their heart, it's up to your ownself to judge.
Anyway, I'm not trying to say that I dont like the people here or whatever. Just writing out what I've seen. There are nice people who are really nice here. =)
The second thing that "amaze" me was, the divorce rate. It seemed to be very normal to have a "ex-wife" or "ex-husband". I'm really speechless for this. And it seemed to be normal for a girl to have a lot of bf at the same time as well. @.@ what world is this???
Oh ya, another thing, people in america like to talk on the phone and smoke when driving. I'm surprised that it is legal to use hp while driving in such a "strict law-dependant" place while it is illegal in Msia. The legal age for getting a driving license is 16 over here and a 14-year-old kids can even drive with a companion with license @.@ I wonder how the accident rate would be...
Working in Huddle House made me meet a lot of different people. As practical as the other job like a sales person, the main aim is $$$. A sales person will lie and try to "trick" you in order to get higher sales. Same goes to a waitress here. How do you get good tips? Ofcoz by serving them nicely, greet nicely, take care of their need all the time... but other than this, what is their trick? Here it is:
1. when a whole table of guys came in, flirt as much as you can.
2. when a couple came in, talk to the girl, not the guy.
3. when a whole family came in, flirt with the kids.
Maybe there's a lot more, but these are what I've heard from them so far.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment