Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas in the states, not white though

Well, I was too tired and no time to update during christmas and thus, now only have the time and mood to slowly type out how I spent my christmas in united states.

These few days passed very fast. I had brazilian style dinner almost every night and I realised, they like to put salt, even in the rice. Another thing that I find it interesting is, they only use spoon for drinking soup and eating dessert. They use fork and knife even eating rice. hahaha... interesting huh!? On christmas eve, the brazilian said wanna have a small party in the blue house and I was really looking forward for the party. However, it was a warm and nice dinner "party" instead of the "partying" style christmas party. hahahahaa.... We had Ricky's salmon dinner around 11:30pm... and surprisingly, two of our colleagues working in Hiawassee, Jimmy and Eddie came over with 1 carton of beer.





We had fun together chatting, laughing, chilling, learning Portuguese and knowing new things. What really amazed me was Jimmy, he is knowledgable, he was a chef in a restaurant before the economic went down and ended up as a manager in mcDonald's, he can talk almost everything with us and he is very patient in trying to communicate with us..... a very nice person to talk to.

On that night, they stayed till 4:30am only leave our house and I'm the last person who go sleep as all of them cannot tahan anymore and went sleep earlier before they left. I was really really sleepy especially after drinking some beer.... haha

The next morning, I woke up around 10:30am, after bath and everything, I went out for a walk alone as this is the only free day that I was able to walk out and check out what's around the blue house and the town ever since I moved in. Well, after a very long walk, finally I saw 1 shop that was opened during christmas day and then I went in for some food.

In that restaurant, I saw this cute little santa girl and after I got the courage, I went to the family and greet them "merry christmas", then only I asked for taking her photo. hehe...

After the brunch, I went back to the blue hosue and everyone was getting ready for going to Eden's house at 3pm. Well, I'm so happy to receive christmas gift from Silvia and Camille. Silvia brought a present from Brazil and Camille bought christmas hats for everyone in the house =)


It was about 5pm, and Eden didnt show up in the end. Thus, instead of waiting, we decided to have our own dinner at home and have fun ourselves during christmas day. Well, the christmas in united states are more homey, everyone will just spend time with family at home or go to relatives' house. Unlike the christmas in Malaysia, party party and party....



Tonight, I'm their chef. As always, I picked the easiest and fastest spaghetti as the main course as I worked till 7pm today and fortunately, the dinner was able to be served in 1 hour time =) Dont know is they too kind or they really like it that much, haha... they seemed enjoyed the dinner that I prepared and I feel so gladful that they finished all the spaghetti =p

No comments:

 
Celeste@JiaJia. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino