Monday, December 1, 2008

My adventurous trip to USA

Monday 01 Dec 2008, Hayesville home


Weeeee.....................

As I promised, Venetia, I started my blog finally!!!! LOL

Well, this is the first time that I go so far, ALONE. Lucky thing was having Li Wei with me throughout the whole flight trip to Chicago, or else, I think I will be super utterly lost in the airport as this is my first time flying after 12 years!... (the last time I sat plane was primary 4, with family to Thailand only >.<)

Well, there's lots of emergency "shock" and problem throughout our flight trip to USA.

On the 27th in KLIA, my lovely aunt sent me to the airport and I met Lee Yiung at the level 2, she told me that she can't fly together with us le. My first reaction was: " are u kidding me?"





Well, last minute she can't come with us due to her grandpa being emergency admitted to hospital, which means that Li Wei this poor girl gotta reach Miami ALONE, unexpectedly! Then at the check in counter, I was told by Li Wei that our flight from Sg to Tokyo was last minute changed to two different airlines as the initial one (united airlines) has cancelled their flight and transfered us to Japan airlines and All Nipon airlines. Things were getting more complicated as the KLIA system cannot check for us whether the changes had confirmed (big swt) and thus, we spent about 30 minutes just to check in our luggage and they said to be safe, we have to take out our luggage in Changi and then check in again on the next morning...


We spent a quite miserable night in Singapore Changi Airport food court as we had already checked out from the custom and can't stay in the transit area or shop around inside until we check in again for our next flight to Tokyo, which was changed to 8:20am on the 28th Nov... =.=



I didnt sleep the whole night and pps stream tv was the one accompany me through the night. LOL...



Early in the morning about 5:30am, we went down early to check in at Japan airlines counter and later on we gotta go to terminal 2 to check in at All Nipon airlines (for Li Wei's flight). However, after they issued me a boarding pass, they said I actually need to go to United airlines to get an eticket, luckily there's a guy from united airlines helped me went over to terminal 3 and get the eticket. Well, in the end, he sucessfully put us together in the same airlines and we were so happy for that at the beginning. Things were not going so easy as later on we found out that Jap flight was almost full and Li Wei might not be able to get her boarding pass! This really put us in dilemma as either I go 1st, or I stay and wait for the next flight with Li Wei and delay all the subsequent flights...



Fortunately, the manager in Changi helped us settle this problem, 10 minutes before the counter close. Finally we get to go aboard safely and slept in the 6 hours Jap flight. We spent about half an hour shopping in Narita airport (Japan) and finally things are getting smoother as we get into our flight, happily continuing our 11 hours journey to Chicago.





It's a super duber tiring flight trip for the both of us, and finally, we gotta split and go on our journey to the two different destinations. I got really really exhausted by the time I reached Atlanta and luckily, my boss came and pick me up from the airport and drove me home. However, it was a 2.5 hour journey and I was finally left in an empty apartment. For the first time, I feel like going home right away, I scolded myself for so busybody and sent myself in such situation, lonely in the other side of the earth =( while I could actually enjoying my life at my home sweet home in JB, with mommy's cooking and all the food that I enjoy. Well, maybe I am just not used to be lonely and gettitng food here is a problem to me right now as I still don't dare to walk out by my own, scared I won't be able to find my way back or anything happen along the way.

On the 2nd day after I got my internet connection, I finally got to contact with my love one and the others at night and maybe I was too touch to see them, or maybe I missed them too much, I cried, haha... silly me but one thing I can tell you is, I never shed a tear throughout the whole trip, until I see you all.

Lonely days are hard to pass, but lucky thing, my boss came brought me out on the 2nd and 3rd day to get me some groceries and other kitchen utilities, at least, things are getting better and I just need to settle my meals by myself. On the way back from shopping in Wal Mart, I asked my lady boss whether there is any public transportation and her answer was "no bus, no taxi, nothing"... =.= and then she continue "your taxi is here (pointing to my boss)"....LOL



So yeah, can you all imagine how rural is the place I staying now? hahahaha.... It's seems like I'm living around the mountains...

Anyway, they are really nice people and really help me a lot. Thank you Susan and John. =)



Last night I had a very good talk with Tammy, she called me from Texas and it's really really nice and fun to talk to her. I laughed till feeling hot while the temperature outside was about 4 degree celcius. LOL...



Now, 4th day in Hayesville, I'm getting used to the environment and I believe everything will be better after I start working tomorrow. =) so for all the people that love me, don't worry too much for me, I promise I'll be good and I love u all. =p


Also, I really wanna thanks Haozhi and the rest for accompanying me throughout the lonely days here. Without your accompany (through phone/skype/msn), I would be so so so lonely and... thank you =)


I woke up at 815am this morning and when I looked out from the window, I saw snow!!! wow... first time, and immediately I ran to take my camera, ran out to the main door and took some photos and videos of the snow. My lady boss told me that if I'm lucky, I can see snowing for about 2 times and yeah, I guess I'm very lucky to see it sooo fast. =p




Ok la, that's all for this post. =)
For more photos, please visit my facebook profile =p

1 comment:

Le_Clam said...

oh my like, geyyodd! you're finally in US - congrats!

haha, you pressure me already... now my turn to start my blog that i promised!

enjoy your US trip yar! and since it's winter, dun forget to bring back a snowflake for me! haha.

and before i forget... PIANG! nyuk nyuk nyuk

 
Celeste@JiaJia. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino