Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Shopping day, fun day


wow wow wow

I was sooo happy yesterday. well, now only have some spare time to write it out =p

Early in the morning John came and brought us to the social security office and it was a long journey from Hiawassee to Toccoa, especially the mountain roads... really making me @.@ and feeling sick. After the torturing trip to Toccoa, we head down to Commerce for shopping in Tanger outlets. You can find LOTS of branded outlets like Nike, Guess, Adidas, Calvin Klein, GAP, Timberland... and they really giving good deals on the stuffs. Well, I didnt really shop because I think I still have time to slowly shop for all the souvenirs I need throughout the 4 months stay here. hehe...

Due to the time constrain, we had only 1.5 hour shopping time and it's seriously NOT enough!!! lol... well, at least I get to go see see and survey for the price. =p After that we went Cici's pizza and had pizza buffet! woot! Seriously I felt really really happy for paying only $6.99 and had all you can eat pizza, pasta, salad, drinks, soup and dessert... all are good!


After that we went to BEST BUY and shop for electronic stuffs because 3 of the brazilian wanted to get a laptop here. Well, I only bought a phone with the net10 SIM card because the portable hard disk that I planned to buy is way too much expensive than I thought. Jiliam bought a camera exactly like mine, for $109.99. haha...





On the way back home, it's super tiring, but we had fun! =) Really thanks John a lot for bringing these monkeys out and spent the whole day with us. He's really funny and he have great humor. You know what he asked us on the way to shopping? He asked, "why do american shake hand when you meet new people?"


The answer is, "to show that your right hand doesnt have any weapon!"

And then he continued, "but you can hide your knife in your left hand! hahahaha...."
The whole car laugh out loud and Ricky continued, "then next time we have to shake both hands." LOL......

It's really a fun day out for me. =)

By the time we reached back the blue house, it was already 6:30pm and the mcDonald's staffs working in Hiawassee supposed to have a small party in our house. Even though I dont know most of them, but I got to listen to what's going on there and enjoyed the food they brought over =p

After the party, it was about 830pm and before Jennifer (manager in Hiawassee) left, she asked all the girls whether we want to work later from 10pm-12am as there's some basketball thingy going on in the high school around and they might need more people to work. So in the end I went. I find it quite messy for the setting there and felt quite gradeful that my working place is so much more systematic and efficient even though our kitchen in Hayesville is smaller and narrower that always cause me to bump into other people. =p

Well, it's really a cruel fact that once you did something bad, people will always be aware of you no matter how you wanna or trying to change it. The brazilian friends are now seriously anti to go out with the colleague of mine that I mentioned in the previous post. Well, what they worry about seems true also as, we dont really know him, his past, and his intension. He's just so mysterious to us right now, that, we can't really trust him too much especially we heard of some of his past.... well, I feel quite sad for him, but at the same time, I think I should worship that these brazilian friends are around me. I think I'm just taking it too easy for making new friends...

Anyway, we will protect each other and I believe, time can reveal and proof everything. =)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Halo my dear, looking at the food that u r eating during the festive season, u need to do a lot a lot of walking during yr offday ya?!

Unknown said...

I am glad that u finally sense something about human differences and started to alert yrselves. I was reading yr blog from day 1 & I kind of worry that u might have trusted people around u too much. What I wanted to say is - just be careful in whatever ways esp dealing with human, be it u r along or in a group.

Celeste@JiaJia's life said...

haha, thanks shu mu.
yea, because here we dont have car, no public transportation as well. so the only way we can get out of our house is walk. LOL...

I'm really really happy that you came by my blog for every post and I really really treasure all these comments. love ya =)

 
Celeste@JiaJia. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino