Just that... you know... I'm lazy =p
Well, the last few days, I was hoping that I can work at the drive through window and not always on the grill. It's pretty tiring to cook and clean the grill all the time, restocking the hamburger meat and fries from the freezer and things like that. I always thought of being the one taking order and approaching different customers. However, I think I'm accepting my fate here slowly already. Haha... Star shield really helped me mentioned for a few times that I wanna work at the drive through and I really think she's a very nice person to talk to. =)
Rene, my manager is a funny lady. She likes to talk in cartoon voice and make lots of joke. I still remember the first day when I saw her, I was a little bit scared of her because she looked really serious on my first day. On the other hand, Rhonda, the assistant manager gave me a more friendly impression on my first day. However, if let me choose again, I think Rene is still more friendly to me. Haha... That's why people always say, time is the best thing to judge a person. =p
Yesterday I heard a shocking news about someone that I've just known, from Rene. It's a colleague of mine, I got to know him not long ago but we talked a lot as he seems very patient in listening to us (me and the brazilians) and very keen on learning everything. Well, talking about him, suddenly the brazilian asked me, do you think he's gay? I'm like... @@ I have no idea. So, yesterday I asked Rene about him. According to her, he has 2 kids, so she wouldnt think that he is, but he might change. She said he used to be a drug addict but he seems trying to change and restart a new life without being like tat. I was shocked and speechless for quite some time as I never thought that this person will have such a past like this. Do you understand how I feel? Well, it doesnt matter for now anyway. We shall see as time goes and all of us in the blue house will look after each other and protect each other =)
Nonetheless, sometimes I will wonder, is the american here really that friendly; or it's just a manner to be nice to people on the surface? I'm confused. Well, maybe I'll get to know more as time goes. So I shall put the conclusion later after the 4 months observation period. LOL...
Today all of us having our offday. We went out together for lunch in a mexicon restaurant and have a nice walk around downtown before coming back home. It's fun and I really feel happy that I no longer need to be walking on the Hayesville street alone during my offday and eating lunch in a restaurant alone. They are really nice people and will voice out anything, without talking at people's back. I've been staying with them for 1 week and it's fun sometimes listening to their culture and stuffs. They asked a lot of things too, like how is the party like in Malaysia and other things. The only problem that really pulling me down is... it's really hard to get what they trying to say because of their english... Well, at least they try hard, I'm trying hard to guess what they are talking too! LOL...
No comments:
Post a Comment