Sunday, December 21, 2008

New home, old house, haha...

Sunday, sunny, freezing cold


Finally I moved in to the blue house in Hiawassee today.


Well, everything is pretty nice, except that it is a little bit old. It's more homey, very big, and the 4 brazilian friends here are nice. =) On the way from Hayesville to Hiawassee, I saw lots of lake and river, the sky blue color is really really beautiful under the bright sunlight. Well, will take some photos for you guys when I got the chance.



The brazilians bought a christmas tree and it's to be decorated soon. =)



big room and that's my bed





this is the underground living room, I think it's already been used as a multipurpose room, hahahaha... well, I think I can dance in there when I got the mood. =p


There's much more shops at the downtown area of Hiawassee, I think I like this place more than Hayesville because of the lakes here, haha... they are just... so beautiful...


Well, my mood today is just ... so-so because I feel kind of left out for the small christmas party held in McDonald Hayesville. I called them around 3pm, asking if anyone can come and pick me up for the party. Then at 430pm I went to cook fried rice as everyone is supposed to bring 1 side dish to the party. Then I went bath and make up and everything until 6pm. To be safe, I called them again at 6pm and they said will call be back. Well, it's 645pm already, no choice, I called Princess and she said she'll ask around and call me back. When it was 7pm, I called my final resource, Philip. Immediately he said he'll come get me but in the end, he reached at about 730pm and finally I got a ride to Hayesville for the last 30 minutes party.


Anyway, I know it's kind of troublesome for them to come all the way here and pick me up. But I did call early in the afternoon and there's no arrangement... Well, I have to say that I'm not feeling sad. Really, I feel I kind of used to the fact already. Well, one thing I feel good is some of them really like my fried rice, hehe, I brought 3 tupperwares of fried rice there. First was Rene, then was another couple. They just try 1 spoon and then asked "can I bring the whole tupperware back?" hahaha... I'm really glad for that though.




This christmas party follows chinese christmas rules and as a chinese, now only I know how is a "chinese christmas" like, what a shame =.= I bet most of you also dont know there's so called chinese christmas right? hahhaha... well, it goes like this: everyone bring a gift to the party, and get a chance to draw lot and if you are number 1, you are lucky because you get to choose your present 1st. They open the present right away and if you like the gift, you can steal the gift away from the previous person and the poor guy/girl gotta pick a new gift. Interesting? hahhaa... well, I got myself a mini torch light, which I think it's pretty practical for me. haha




Last night I finally went to pay Princess and her boys a visit because I wont be staying in Hayesville anymore. I cut apples and brought over and I'm glad that the boys love the apples. They are really hiper and very energetic kids. Well, their house is really messy because of these three naughty boys who are just 5, 6 and 7-year-old. I like the youngest one the most though, so adorable and he loves taking pictures.




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha..what a BIG cosy place!! Bigger than our houses, right? Well, this kind of houses is very cooling during summer but very cold for winter, shd be fine wif heater. Looking at all your photos really make me miss my days in Australia, the houses, the street, the milk bar, shops etc etc....

cassie mae said...

your room damnnnn big right!!

Celeste@JiaJia's life said...

LOL... I bet Melbourne is not as country as here.

No worries, my house here have heater and it's really warm. =)

 
Celeste@JiaJia. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino